A Regional Internet Registry for the Moon

Kevin Wallace kevin at wallace.seattle.wa.us
Tue Nov 5 00:27:10 UTC 2019

Hello!

It occurred to me recently that there's no RIR covering the Moon, or any other
extraterrestrial body.  That's going to be a problem soon.

In 2001, ICANN ASO developed a criteria for the establishment of new RIRs[1].
In 2004-2005, AFRINIC became officially recognized under this criteria[2][3].
I think we can qualify under this criteria, too, as long as we can demonstrate
sufficient support from potential member ISPs.